Thursday, December 20, 2007

Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld


Question: Does adding avocado or pumpkin puree make something healthier? I took a look at this book while I was waiting for the customer service guy in Borders earlier this evening, and pureed pumpkin, avocado, and potato seemed to be the main "deception." Carrots were also in there, which, I agree, would seem like a healthy deception to add to brownies or something, but pumpkin? Avocado? Potatoes? Really? I guess she did have some with cauliflower, which you would have to hide if you were going to serve it to me. If you find a recipe with broccoli or green peas or something hidden, let me know. Please don't think I'm discrediting the recipes, though. I haven't tried them. So if you try it and like it, again, let me know.

No comments: